In what ways do you see yourself as a creative?


I mainly see myself as a creative through food. I love taking my culture's food and putting modern and western twists on it. I love making things like melomarkarona, coffee, big feasts for celebrations, or little meals for just myself. Music and culture fuel my creative outlet for food. I like listening to music that I feel matches the vibe of the food I am making. Folk music for my cultural food. Jazz for Italian. Motown for soul food. Indie for that totally gross low budget college meal you just put together (or when you have ouzo, chips, and candy for dinner). I feel as if I do express myself through ways other than food, however I find that food is so powerful. I think you can really get to understand a person by the food they make or the food they like. Growing up in a household whose culture was made up of food, I grew up learning that food is the ultimate form of expression and love. When I moved away to college and into dorms, I felt blocked from my culture and blocked from my creativity. It was very hard for me to do projects, write papers, etc. To be completely honest, I found no solution for it at the time. I rode out my 10 months feeling a little stifled and a little bored. I am happy to say that now that I am living on me with a fully functioning kitchen, I feel much like myself again. 
 

Melomarkarona



Greek Inspired Pasta



A feast for my cousins ονομαστική εορτή (name day)


Comments

Popular Posts