What are you majoring in?

 


I am an international Studies major with a concentration of human rights. When I first started applying to colleges (like most) I did not know what I wanted my career path to be. I was terrified of a 9-5, I didn't want to get stuck in the restaurant industry, and I knew I wanted to see the world. During a family reunion I started talking to my theíos. We got to talking about college and my future and he told me about when he worked for Doctors Without Borders. I quickly grew a large interest for the organization. I went home and did lots of research of ways that I could get involved with the organization as a minor. I quickly followed their pop up events all around the country and developed a deep fascination for their mission. This eventually led me to deciding on International Studies as my major. Once I graduate I hope to work for Doctors Without Borders as an analyst and translator. 

Comments

  1. I had not heard of this organization before, but I love how you gave yourself time to learn more about it and quickly realize that you enjoyed is helping you major in something that you are truly passionate about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts