Take a picture of something you find inspiring, write a few words about it.

 

This is the rally for abortion rights that took place on July 2nd of 2022. We started at the capital building and walked our way to the governor's mansion with our demands. Within a week Governor Polis signed an executive order fulfilling every demand that we made. This is how politicians should act. Listen, learn, and give the people what they need. I hope that the future is more promising for all people with a uterus. 


On another note, there is one of the biggest Women's Rights revolutions happening in Iran right now. If you do not know what is going on I encourage you to do research and find out. Uplift the voices of the Iranian people and support in any way you can. Here is an article to get you started: iran-protests-mahsa-amini-what-to-know

زن زندگی آزادی

Women, life, freedom

Comments

  1. Amazing! Abortion rights are something I feel extremely passionate about. People with uteruses deserve autonomy, and I am grateful to be in a state where our politicians are taking action. Next stop: Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ella for posting about the importance of women's rights. I too am very passionate about this topic and felt sick to my stomach when Roe vs. Wade was overturned. I mainly worry for my friends and family who still reside in Georgia but am so grateful to be in a state that protects women and gives them rights to make a choice on their bodily autonomy.
    I will be reading up on that article you posted regarding Iranian women. I was inspired by an outspoken former classmate years ago who was from Iran and she discussed in length what it was like for women over there. I've been meaning to catch myself up to date on the protests for quite some time, so thank you for posting and representing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting picture. Thanks for sharing. It is great that we live in country where we can peacefully protest and make our voices heard by our political representatives to inspire change.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts