Week 3: What do you do to inspire your creativity?

My main inspiration or hub of creativity comes from the music and art of others. I often find that looking at things that other people have created gets my own creative juices flowing and I can start to create my own ideas. I have the belief that nothing is truly original. Everyone has a muse or has been inspired by something. I grew up playing bass, guitar, and the saxophone. I eventually started to get comfortable with music theory and was able to write my own music. Even though my chord progressions, time signatures, and keys were different from other songs I had heard and played, my style of music and my taste in music stemmed and was influence from other artists. As I get older it is even more prevalent. I see other people and their work in everything I create, whether that is food, song, clothing, etc. Other people's creations inspire me to try something new. I have included pictures of different art and music that have helped inspire my creativity. 














Comments

  1. I think looking to different creative outlets for inspiration is great as it expands your mind to new ideas and thoughts. I feel the most creative when I am looking or experiencing something that is outside of my creative element.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is definitely an outlet for creativity to me too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts