Week 1: What do I think of when I think of Creativity?

An art class at the Berlin Bode Museum

 Creativity is a concept that has always tended to evade me. My friends and family say I am creative; however, I always feel stuck when I need to generate ideas. I know the creations and publications of others that interest me, but I never feel like I have created something. I think that the most comfortable way that I can define creativity is finding an inspiration. This inspiration does not have to lead you somewhere, help you make something, or even help you finish something. But rather it just makes you feel inspired. I often see things, or hear things that make me feel creative, just by being able to experience it and inspire me enough to think about it. I have included some pictures of things that have made me stop and examine, things that have made me feel an intense emotion, things that have inspired me to try something new, things that make me creative.



A march for reproductive rights


One of the coolest bassists I have ever seen live at Herbs.


My beautifully talented friend, Iyanla Ayite. Look her up on Spotify :)






Comments

  1. In order to see new patterns, creative thinking draws on a variety of thought processes and approaches to information. I believe with some effort, everyone can develop their creative faculties and changing your perspective is the first step in fostering creative thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts